Saturday, November 12, 2011

Crisis and Family

In class we were asked to come up with ten crisis that we have experienced in our lives and in our family. We also had to record crisis of other families we know. As I was doing this I thought of ways I coped with this and how I dealed with it. In the book it talked about different ways to cope with crisis situations. One is advoidance which is avoiding the issue all together. Denial is another way to cope which involves pretending like nothing is wrong and nothing. Then there is scapegoating and that invovles blaming others for your problems and crisis. These are not the best way to cope with things or to deal with the real problems. I know with me personally I tend to use scapegoating as a coping device. I like to blame others for my problems. I don't use that method much anymore because I realized that it is not healthy to blame each other for things out of their control. So it is best to deal with a problem in a healthy way.

No comments:

Post a Comment